Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Golden Ghost vs. Pac-Man....

So, ever since the cd as come out, the most common response to the artwork is "oh hey... that's the Pac-Man ghost!"... or something along those lines. I just want to clear things up - I did NOT get my inspiration from Pac-Man.... even though the first video game i ever played was the good ol' yellow chomper, it's not where i pulled my ideas from. I totally respect everyone's feedback (praise and criticism), but i just wanted to get it straight. check it out....

the album art:
Photobucket

Pac-Man art:





The place where i mainly pulled the inspiration came from Japanese "superflat" art, such as the art by Takashi Murakami (who recently did Kanye West's "Graduation" album art). I wasn't trying to rip anyone off, i was just looking at the superflat style to help push me to do something that i haven't explored in my own work.
Takashi Murakami:

No comments: