Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thank you (and updates etc.)

Hey everyone!!!!
I just wanted to write to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and words of encouragement.... it all means so much to me, and it really has helped to keep me in a positive frame of mind.
As you all might know by now, in April of 2005, I was hit by a car while riding my bike. Ever since, I've been in some form of pain from that date, and by the time we reached Jacksonville, it was completely unbearable. I had trouble carrying our equipment, and during our set, it became extremely painful to move my right arm. After we played, I couldn't bend over to take the pedal off my bass drum. Carly and I made the difficult decision to cancel tour and drive home... it was hard because playing music is what we love to do, and we love driving across the country hanging out with you all and sharing our passion with you.
Right now, I'm not playing my drums, and it's tearing me apart... but I know it's for the best - I have to heal. We're still planning on playing the Fest in Gainesville at the end of October. We'll probably play two or three shows on the way down. After that, we plan on taking a break from playing live so that we can work on new songs... we have 3 almost finished now! also, we're also trying to convince a certain sweet band from Philly (hint: a.c.) to do some sort of tour with us this spring. Yeah!!!

Other stuff....
-I posted our new shirts for sale! Everything is up on the myspace page.

-I'm starting to work on the art for Carly's classical piano album... her music is unbelievably beautiful!!!! The cd will be out by the end of the year. Check out her music at: http://www.myspace.com/carlycomando


Sooo....
Again, thanks so much for all your support! Stay in touch!!!


Love!
tom p.

2 comments:

Shane said...

Tom,

Take the time you need to heal up; you don't want to risk anything permanent. I'm sorry you won't be coming back up to VT, but I know you'll be up here again real soon.

Get well soon, and good luck with recording those new tracks!

Anonymous said...

Tom, I'm sorry, I feel bad now about offering you guys a show. I didn't realize you were in pain even lifting the equipment and such. I feel like an idiot and I hope you feel better.

See you at the Fest!